- Event Feedback
- Please let us know what topics and speakers you'd be interested seeing at upcoming events.
EthicsCentre CA invites distinguished business and community leaders to address luncheon guests in our widely acclaimed Luncheon Speaker Series. Topics include critical reflections on ethics, governance and corporate responsibility of particular interest to business executives, academics, public officials and ethics practitioners.
You can also review all past events , and any related speeches and presentations that have been posted.
Is Canada taking White Collar Crime Seriously?
Norm Keith, LL.M., Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Breakfast Event
- Wednesday, March, 22, 2017
- Fasken Martineau, 333 Bay Street, 24th Floor, Bay Adelaide Centre, Toronto
Norm Keith, LL.M., partner at Fasken Martineau, will address this timely and important topic of the accountability, criminal enforcement and the social responsibility of corporations in Canada.
Topics to be covered will include:
1. The “new normal” of criminalizing corporate behavior;
2. How the Westray Mine disaster changed corporate criminal liability;
3. The problem of proof in white collar prosecutions (Dunn & Duffy);
4. Recent examples of white collar convictions (Karigar & Kazenelson);
5. Will criminal prosecutions make businesses “more ethical”;
6. Towards a rationale model of corporate accountability and compliance.
YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE - SPACE IS LIMITED!
MEMBERS COMPLIMENTARY (Subject to space availability - includes unlimited employees of corporate members) Non-Members: $15.00
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.